Alcohol may seem the best recourse to someone seeking a casual time with friends. However, anything without limits may cause irreversible damages to your health as well as to your friends and family. Alcohol addiction happens slowly, and yet, there is a time when you may not know how you are already on a path of self-destruction. Here, your friends and families may contact Rehab Healthcare, a UK-based drug and alcohol addiction treatment center. They offer cost-effective treatment including offering complete detoxification with rehab.
As a concerned family member or friend, you may help addicted loved ones connect with this clinic for customized psychological intervention. Most of the methods begin with addiction counseling to understand the primary problem and then treat it accordingly. A free initial assessment by an expert will then take the person suffering to the next viable treatment options.
Effective Research-Based Psychological Treatments
Many clinics may claim to have several courses and treatment options for the patients, but this is where the family or friends have to decide. The Evidence-based Treatments are some of the most effective methodologies in the world today. These are developed after several rounds of trials by researchers. These methods fall under the more significant category of EBT or Evidence-based Treatments.
Let us go through the most effective treatments under this category.
1. Moderate Drinking (MD): This is a customized method whereby, through a web application itself, one can monitor. It is a behavioral self-control method and gets the American Psychological Association’s approval of being a structured process. It helps individuals to set goals and achieve them. You also get reports and feedback to match with the progress.
This program is aimed at taking control of alcoholism practices. This moderate approach is valuable. It works in improving a person psychologically and stops drinking alcohol slowly and steadily. It has been taken up by many organizations to ultimately help a person to come out of this habit and, lastly, reach abstinence. However, it takes a slow process and has some uncertainties as well.
2. ABCT: Behavioral Couple’s therapy for Alcohol abuse has been a powerful way of looking at the root cause of the problems. It is for couples who have to practice it for 12 to 20 weeks. In this, if a person states that specific issue with the partner’s behavior has targeted this problem, they might benefit from this program. Here, they will be learning about their partner’s behavior and trying to understand what is the way to come out of this issue. ABCT will help your partner to know how best not to behave in such a way as not to trigger your drinking problem too.
3. Motivational Interview (MI): In this psychological treatment, the doctor tries to interact and resolve the clients’ approach. The approach helps people understand their change in the form of self-introspection. It helps in realizing the consequences on how families and loved ones are getting affected by this. There are therapies that the therapist will advise for evaluation.
4. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): The CBT method is one of the most researched treatments where the person will try to evaluate the patterns that trigger this and more. The people under alcoholism will also find out what causes them for excessive drinking. It also helps them in fighting the urges and deal with the situation properly. It can help in planning a course of action to come out of this.
5. Contingency Management: This is a process for controlling alcohol abuse. The researchers also agree that this is one of the psychological treatments where one can check on alcohol status. It can help in achieving set goals, from achieving moderate drinking to abstinence. There may be incentives or perks on achieving the goals.
Other Allied Assistance for You
Besides these treatment modalities, the people suffering from drinking problems may get other support too. They may get long-time aftercare support from Rehab Healthcare. It would include helping the people stay on their routine checks and even measure their abstinence. It is essential for the family and friends in this process. They can keep a watch on ensuring the people with these problems remain in check and away from their triggers.
This watch is necessary since you can even revert to the doctors if you have made positive changes in your lifestyle. Many support groups are also there where you can join and get timely guidance by people who have successfully worked on their internal demons and are clean now.
When a person can work on identifying the triggers and tries the best to stay away from any of these problems, then he is undoubtedly on the road to success. Alcohol counseling is the first step, and then you will get the most appropriate therapy or treatment that will help you to return to your pre-problem days.