Do you know nearly 4 million people get the prescription of benzos regularly for 5 to 10 or more years? These said benzos do not even take long to make you dependent! It is dangerous as all you need is to consume the medicines containing it for a few days, and within weeks, you become dependent.
Xanax is often prescribed for panic and providing a calming effect on the CNS. Likewise, Valium or diazepam is the medicine for treating anxiety and reduce muscular spasms.
Though the doctors may recommend it for a few days, withdrawing from the same is not going to be that easy. Consult the Rehab HC Team if you find it challenging to come out of Benzodiazepine. Let the consultants and doctors here help you come out of this condition.
Introduction to the Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Signs
The next step you need to know is about the withdrawal symptoms and how to tackle them. So what happens when you have been under the influence and try to break the habit? Here are a few signs:
- Increase of Sudden Mood Swings: Benzos causes the cellular receptors in the brain to slow down. It means after a long-term, the individuals will find these working towards manipulating emotions. The longer the duration of dependence, the more irrational and the more hyperactive or hysterical reactions will stem up. It is one of the most visible behaviour changes.
- Anxiety and Bouts of Panic Attacks: Benzodiazepine detox becomes a necessity when someone reaches this level. During abstinence, the effects of Benzos start wearing out. It means the reason you took benzos for the first reason starts resurfacing. At this point, palpitations, breaking into a cold sweat, and feeling a sense of doom are all common. They might find reassurance by their hobbies at this stage, too, if they need a great distraction.
- Inability to Focus on Work: Benzos is excellent for slowing down all the body functions. It also works on the memory of a person and slows it, too, along with all the emotional responses. Stimulation will be slow, and this is where even the simplest of tasks will become overwhelming. You may find it challenging to write or even walk around. To get back, daily walking, exercise, and brisk functions will help.
- Body Aches: Stiffness in the body, muscular spasms, and arms and intense pain the legs or neck are common. These symptoms may be so high that people often do not realize the actual reasons for the same.
Suicidal Feelings: Once a person begins to stop using benzos, he or she may also feel suicidal thoughts and even have maniac attacks. These pains are so severe that you may not know the repercussions too.
Ways to Tackle the Withdrawal Symptoms
There are several proven methods to tackle the withdrawal symptoms of Benzodiazepine. Let us check them out:
- Meditation: Mindful meditation is a great way to start the journey of detoxifying the body from the effects of the Benzodiazepine. When a person goes into a mindful state, he or she becomes the way his body is at that point. He will start taking stock of the situation and give the patient some peaceful sleep. Once people get to sleep, their anxiety and stress-related issues get the right solutions. Also, it improves focus and memory slowly.
- Taper but Slowly: Benzodiazepine detox from the Rehab HC team will be helping in giving the patient some time to get over the dependence slowly. The tapering off is when the doctor keeps a watchful eye as they give you medicines in smaller doses slowly lesser and lesser with each passing day.
- Stay Away from Alcohol: During this Benzodiazepine detox treatment, it is better to stay away from alcohol. It works because it will not confuse your brain’s receptors or let it go off the hook.
- Patients Need Support: It is a tough phase, and when you get someone in the family with such conditions. Ensure you listen to them out. They are battling something beyond your understanding, but don’t mistake them for a drug addict. It is not in their control, and they had to take some medicine due to which they have become dependent on this Benzodiazepine. So, be tolerant of them.
Rays of Hope with Complete Cure
There is a ray of hope for everyone and ways to work out the Benzodiazepine detox effectively. The Rehab HC team will be working slowly and patiently tracking every issue and helping you get over it slowly too. The first step will be to consult with the representatives and explain the dependence. Also, if it is for a friend, show them the prescription for them to get a fair idea. Understand that help is available, and with patience, and tapering, it is possible to be clean again, soon.